Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I can't walk!!!

So... I joined LA fitness with the notion to simply mix up my work-out routine. Currently a 3 mile run at about 6.0 is my norm... sometimes I do a little more and sometimes a little less :) but regardless, I assumed I was in decent or even pretty good shape. So of course I tell the trainer, "Oh I'm fine... no super difficult goals, I'm just here for the party" and give him a smile conveying what I'm sure is a mutual understanding that I'm not someone who really needs to be here. I would love to know what was going through his mind then... knowing what I know now! He found the situation quite entertaining as Princess Peaches got her wake-up call!

Unfortunately, my body fat percentage is higher than my BMI (also learned BMI is so 5 years ago) and I am in "fair" condition according to the LA fitness standard sheet! Maybe you think "fair" is not so bad... well so did I, until I saw the progression of the chart: Excellent, Good, Fair, and then Poor. So... the lesson here: LA fitness has an amazing sales pitch. After you learn your body fat percentage, there is no getting out of there! I'm not even over-weight... but you should have seen how many seconds it took me to sign up!

Had my training session (wore makeup and my pink, Nike shirt that says: ATHLETE... which in and of itself is funny) and took my session seriously, or as seriously as I possibly could. Since that day I have not been able to take the stairs or sit down properly on the toilet :) hence the title of my post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny how you walk like the Tin Man!

Anonymous said...

Yah, you joined my gym! Hope to see you there :O)