Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Working from Home...

I love my job. It's the perfect situation for any military wife. I can work from anywhere in the world as long as I have my laptop or blackberry, Internet connection, conference call line, and various design/database programs. Lately, I've noticed the more I distance myself from home... the more work I accomplish. If I live the nomadic lifestyle during the day I tend to focus on "work tasks." Laundry, cleaning, listening to a television, making personal calls to the family I love dearly are all impossible to do from "public" locations (haven't figure out how to avoid my blog yet!) 

I also realize how much I love being around people... I mean just in the presence of other people. If I go down to the clubhouse and work alone, I'm comforted by the fact there are other people in the office a few feet away. It's interesting how we are designed to need other people. I find it the same in my Christian life. I'm comforted knowing that Christ is always with me... even when we aren't talking (or I'm not talking... I know God speaks to us... but clearly not in the same form). It is a comfort and peace that will stay with me forever. The same goes for my husband... when we are home and he needs to study while I'm on the computer/watching TV/or cleaning something, he puts on his noise cancellation headphones just to be in the presence of Princess Peaches (now remember we are still newlyweds! : ) I don't care what anyone says... I believe we will be like newlyweds until death do us part! 

Off to a conference call... 

 

No comments: