Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pregnancy Glow?

My complexion has certainly seen better days! Every morning I wake up to find a new "accent" on my face. Currently, I resemble the Joker with dry scabs highlighting the corners of my lips. Isn't this contrary to popular belief? Aren't pregnant women supposed to glow?

Some women may resign to mother nature during pregnancy, but I refuse! If diamonds are a girl's best friend, then makeup must be a girl's loyal sister because I can't dream of a better companion. One quote that I always love to recite came from Dolly Pardon in Steel Magnolias, "There is no such thing as natural beauty!" Of course, Dolly needed to keep her salon busy :) But, Makeup -whether used to accent or cover- is necessary, and I will "glow" regardless of what nature decides... My latest MAC purchase: full coverage foundation. The switch from concealer and powder to foundation, concealer and powder has added about 3 well-worth-it minutes to my makeup regime. The "glow" can then be fully accomplished with bronzer and a subtle blush :)

Can you tell I'm Southern? Too many Northern women would quickly dismiss my insistence on makeup. Hopefully the natural glow will come in time, but my makeup bag will remain instrumental!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I do not go out w/o makeup...unless I have a decent summer tan.
But you are naturally beautiful so I don't know what you're talking about.
And YAYAYAYAYAYAY for Arthur!